'If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.' Thomas Edison









04 June 2011

Garden treats and surprises

Peas.


Freebie crate from our local recycling centre which is now filled with chive seeds as the chickens decided they loved my others!!



A wonderful surprise hidden at the back of the garden....redcurrants growing through from a neighbours plant.


Chamomile growing in the grass (yes it is a bit long but I bent the lawnmower blade and I'm waiting for hubby to straighten it again).


Fabulous, rich compost - £1 a bag at our local recycling/council centre.


I forgot to show you these in March, but they are actually sweet violets growing in the garden - another wonderful surprise.


I LOVE roses, and this one is a stunner. It's huge and blousy and smells absolutely divine.






A couple of snails full of the joys of spring ;o).



And the same for the chickens ;o).



And my poor strawberries that the chickens destroyed. I managed to save 10 of plants, although there was hardly any plant left, and look at them now. There's not much plant but they are all heaving with strawberries.



Don't forget my little give-away to celebrate over 500 blog posts. Just leave a comment, and you can spread the word if you like.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your garden is looking great! Jealous of all those strawberry's, mine got beaten by the wind and are only just trying to get flowers now! I guess we're a bit behind up here weather wise anyway! Great free crate as well! :) x

Dawn said...

It's lovely to see some beautiful sights in your garde, and your chickens too. Some lovely fruit to come soon x

cfgyexy6464 said...

mmmm, I love this time of year and all of the lil garden surprises. That rose is gorgeous!

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Loving your chickens posh parasol :-) I hope they have laid lots of eggs as a sorry for the strawberry demolition!

Jacqui said...

Your hen ladies have a very Des res! great growing things And I so covet that crate!
xx