'If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.' Thomas Edison









07 December 2009

Chutney and Chains

Here's the marrow and apple chutney I was making the other day.

I'm so excited to show you the felt 'paper' chains. I've been busy these last few days cutting and stitching then looping them altogether. I decided to go for multi-coloured so it could be used for any occasion. When it's stretched out it's a whopping 12 feet long - wonderful.
We went and got our tree today - grown in the next village so it's fabulously local. We also managed to get a huge bunch of mistletoe (grown in the village too). Tomorrow shall be spent decorating the tree and house. Hubby is in hospital on thursday for a back operation so we have to be as prepared as possible this year. Right off to make something else.

3 comments:

Pippa said...

Wow! I love the felt chains! I hope your DH is better soon and not in any pain over Christmas.

Dawn said...

Your felt chains are lovely, I might look at doing some of them next year, saw some on a craft site recently.

Last year I knitted some so they have come out the box this week - will have to post a picture on my blog this week. I was going to make some more but time is against me for that one, so maybe next year.

sue said...

love the felt chain, very bright and festive :) hope your hubbys op goes well and that he heals quickly x