'If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.' Thomas Edison









17 November 2009

A little update


Thank you for your comments with regards my Grandad. He is still no better/worse, but he is comfortable. If there is no improvement over the next couple of days they will turn the machines off as this is what is actually keeping him going. I feel quite numb really, he is a good age (81), and he hasn't really had a good year because of his alzhiemers, the deterioration is terrible - but, he is my Grandad, and he is another piece of my Mum that is disappearing. Ummm.
Still keeping busy. I quickly made the above card for my BIL's 40th yesterday and then last night I sat and crocheted some more of the green granny blanket as it's repetitive and doesn't really need thinking about. Today took ages for me to get going but then I decided I really must get the Christmas cake started, so I wrote my list then peddled the 4 mile round trip to the shop to get the extra bits I needed. When I got back I made a start on the 2 cakes (1 is a gift), the mincemeat and the puddings. The house is going to smell gorgeous tomorrow when they are cooking.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry Shell. We had that situation with my 90 year old Grandad last year. It's heartbreaking, I know. My Thoughts are with you and your family. Take care

Michelle

Jacqui said...

Hugs xxxx