'If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.' Thomas Edison









31 December 2008

Previous Makes

Just thought I'd show you some of the things I've made in the past - I didn't realise quite how many things I'd done until I started looking round.

On the bed is a fleece blanket which I made by cutting up 2 small fleeces (they're never big enough for a double bad are they?!) then making a patchwork blanket by sewing them all back together again. I had to lay them all out on the floor, jigsaw style, then pin and stitch them. Looks good on the bed.


These next 3 pictures are a wooden sewing box I made about 12 years ago. I made the box then covered the outside with wadding and fabric, then made the padded inside lid. Hubby made the plastic tray that sits in the inside.








I had a peg bag that was bought in a charity shop until it fell to pieces. I made this out of some fabric from a quilt cover (bought in the sale because I liked the pattern) and the old wooden coat hanger that was in the old peg bag. I then stitched some ribbon around the opening to (hopefully) stop the fraying. I was really pleased with this.




No comments: